Dental implant surgery is one of the best gifts of medical science to humanity. Before it came into existence, people could only rely upon the removable bridges or teeth sets, which were not even close to the dental implant. They were uncomfortable to use, carry and couldn’t make the patients feel good about themselves. That’s where the dental implants have made a difference. If you plan to go through dental implantology, you need to keep in mind a few important points, which will guide you about things that you should do and not do after the surgery.
Here are they-
- The first hour after the surgery is very crucial. You need to pay a lot of attention in the first hour to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Make sure you bite down gently keep a note of gauze packs. They should remain in place. In the case of any difficulty while biting down, consult your dentist at earliest.
- Smoking is the last thing that you would want to do after surgery as it not only slows down the healing process but also increase the chances of dry sockets and discomfort. So, no matter how much craving are you feeling for smoking, don’t try to do it after dental implant.
- In order to enjoy great results, you need to focus on keeping your mouth clean after the surgery. After consulting with your dentist, brush your teeth on the night of the surgery. It will make you feel good and also improve the oral hygiene.
- No matter how great are you feeling after the surgery, avoid going out. The best you can do is to have a bed rest for initial 1-2 days and then proceed accordingly after taking inputs from your dentist. He’s the best person to guide you about how long you should rest at home.
- The pain is an integral part of the dental implant procedure and patients usually feel a severe pain within first six hours of the surgery. Even though your dentist will give you a pill for the pain relief, if you don’t experience much recovery, then it’s better to contact your dentist and take his advice.
For more information about dental implants, you can browse santedentaireglobale.com and clear your doubts.