Dentists suggest parents of children between the ages of 2 to 5 should get their teeth checked at least once every three to six months. This is because children do not follow the routine of brushing their teeth and they put everything they can find into their mouth.
Not all dentists specialize in checking the early teeth of small children. The only experts who can handle such small patients are dental therapists, oral health therapists and dental hygienists. Sometimes, nurses who work in maternity and childcare sections will also conduct a thorough checkup of the teeth of your children.
How often should you get your Child’s teeth checked?
Not all kids sprout teeth at the same age. Some might develop teeth growth at early months whereas some take more than a year. So, there is no set time for when you should get your child’s teeth checked. Make sure to consult your physician regarding the maintenance of frequency of dental health care for your kids.
How does using a dummy frequently will affect the teeth growth in Children?
There are many cons in using dummies to make the children stay quiet and calm. Some are listed below.
- Improper Positioning of Teeth
When a child continuously sucks a dummy, there are chances that the teeth sprouting from the gum layer will be positioned according to the available space for them to grow. This usually results with improper positioning or even irregular shapes in your child’s teeth.
- Difficulties in Breathing through Mouth
Since the nasal line is still underdeveloped in children, they follow the habit of breathing through their mouth because they find it difficult to breathe through their nose. Continuous usage of dummies might restrict this option and this might result in long-term dribbling.
How can I help keep my child’s teeth healthy for a long time?
If you do not want your child to suffer from gum disease or tooth decaying in the later years, then follow these tips.
- Children love it when they get to lick the toothpaste on the brush, instead of brushing their teeth. So, you should help your child brush their teeth at least until they reach 7 to 8 years of age instead of leaving them to brush their teeth on their own. Try to make them develop a habit of brushing twice a day.
- Teach them some easy brushing methods that can address every corner of the mouth.
- Instead of letting them eat fast-food items or unhealthy snacks, cook some delicious snacks at home and feed them to your child. This will reduce the chances of greasy and oily food affecting their dental health.
- Help your child to develop a habit of eating less-sugar food items until their baby teeth fall. Reduce the amount of processed food items in your home because children love to eat these foods between their eating schedules.
If you are residing in Fort Worth, then there is no doubt that you will find a well known Fort Worth dentist in your locality. Book the right dentist and get your child’s teeth checked once every three to six months.
Author’s Bio:-This article has been written by Tracy Stacy. If you are looking for a dependable Fort Worth dentist, then make sure that you visit their website right away for an appointment. Their clinic is open for service every week from Monday to Friday.